Google Classroom Email Summaries
Allows you to be able to view homework set for your child and in some cases keep you up to date on what they are currently studying
As a parent/guardian, you must receive and accept an email invitation before you can receive email summaries.
- An administrator emails you an invitation for a particular student, it will be from an @homewood.kent.sch.uk address.
- They will send it to the primary email address on our system.
- In your email program, open your email invitation.
- Click Accept.
- If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian.
- (Optional) To access the email summary settings page, you will need to create a google account. By default, you will receive weekly updates but this can be changed to daily updates if you create a google account.
7. When you accept an invitation, you, your student, and the person who invited you (the teacher or administrator) receives an email confirmation.
Checking for Homework using Google Calendar
All homework is set via google classroom. Once set, homework is automatically recorded on a student’s google calendar so the homework and due date can be viewed.
In google classroom select the icon with three lines at the top left of the screen or in google chrome click the 9 dots in the top right-hand corner of your browser.
A menu will drop down and the second option should be to view the student calendar.
The calendar will display all homework and perhaps some classwork set and the due date. The work will be clearly identified as homework or classwork in the description.
This is a far easier way to know what homework has been set rather than going through all the notifications in the Gmail inbox or looking in each classroom.