If you have any Safeguarding concerns, our Designated Safeguarding Leads will be available during school hours (8.45 am – 3.30 pm). Please contact us on email@example.com.
Apply for your KCC Travel Pass now to have it ready for our return to school in September. Closing date for applications is 9th August, 2020.
Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Support
If your son/daughter is needing support Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Support during their time away from school, our website has resources for both parents and students:
There are also a number of external support agencies available:
- The Single Point of Access (0300 123 4496) can provide information, advice and support.
- text the word “Kent” to 85258. This is a new 24/7 text service provided by SHOUT and the Crisis Text Line as part of the Kent and Medway Release the Pressure campaign. This is suitable for people of all ages
- Accessing org.uk or kentresiliencehub.org.uk to learn about mental health and find tips and resources to keep emotionally healthy.
- Texting ChatHealth for support around physical and mental health on 07520 618850. The number is monitored Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Self-referring to the Children and Young People’s Counselling Service at nhs.uk/forms/school-health-service-referral-form
- Accessing the Big White Wall if aged 16+ for anonymous support through com
- Accessing the National Autistic Helpline org.uk for advice and support
Kent Educational Psychology Service
For a limited period of time, the Kent Educational Psychology Service are offering free consultations via video/phone call for 30 minutes, where parents/carers can talk to an educational psychologist. The aim of this service is to provide advice and guidance to support children’s wellbeing and learning during the time of school closures.
If you would like to make use of this service, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. With your name, phone number, the time of day that would be most convenient to be called back and a brief description of what you wish to discuss.
Guidance around supporting children and young people’s wellbeingduring the coronavirus outbreak.
If you are in need of local guidance and support, the following local organisations are available:
24 hour KCC helpline to support vulnerable people in Kent who need urgent help, supplies or medication.
www.kent.gov.uk/KentTogether or by calling 03000 419292.
Ashford Borough Council
Support for people who live in Ashford who are in need of guidance and support.
East Sussex County Council
Support for people who live in East Sussex who are in need of guidance and support.
Ashford Food Bank
Where can I go to get support to help keep my child safe online?
There is a lot of support available to keep your child safe online. Here are some useful links and informationto help parents and carers, for more informtion: https://www.net-aware.org.uk/
Ashford Food Bank – Can you help?
If you would like to support some of our families, and others in need during these challenging times, donations can be made to the Ashford Food Bank via an online transfer.
Their bank details are:
Sort code: 60-19-04
Account number: 23659130
Thank you. I know that any support will be very much appreciated.
If you are in need of their support, please visit their website for further information: