Principal’s Letter to Parents – 7th June 2021
Tomorrow we are expecting to see an increase in temperatures so we have made the decision that from Tuesday 8th June until the end of term summer uniform may be worn to school. All uniform requirements remain the same but students do not have to wear their blazer if they do not wish to do so. Please could we ask all students who do not wish to wear their blazer to take their coloured year group badge off their blazer and pin it onto the polo shirt that they are wearing to school. This will help to ensure that students remain safely within bubbles.
Students may continue to wear their physical activity kit on days that they have physical activity lessons on their timetables. Please could we ask you to ensure that students are wearing the correct school kit in these situations. Listed below are the acceptable items of clothing that can be worn on these days.
Thank you for your continued support with uniform.
J K Single
Normal PE kit list to be worn on physical activity days (September 2020- July 2021)
- School blazer over the top of all PE kit- now optional
- Black netball skort or black shorts with the school logo emblazoned (Years 7 & 8) or plain black shorts (Years 9 to 11) with no branding logos visible
- Black and royal blue polo shirt with the school logo emblazoned
- Black and royal blue fleece with the school logo emblazoned (Years 7 & 8)
- Black PE hoodie with the school logo emblazoned (Years 9 to 11 only – no non-school logo hoodies to be worn)
- Long black sports socks or short white socks depending on the activity
- Sports training shoes with non-marking soles
- Plain black leggings or tracksuit bottoms with school logo (no stripes) (Years 7 & 8)
- Plain black or navy blue leggings or tracksuit bottoms (no stripes) (Years 9 to 11)
- Students must not wear ribbed or sculpting tights/leggings, or leggings with transparent panels
- Football boots and shin pads should be brought to school in a bag, not worn to school
- Homewood School PE rain jackets are also available to order from the school uniform shop, but these are optional
Other acceptable garments that can be worn on physical activity days only include:
- T-shirts, hoodies and other tops that bear a Homewood School logo; these items include the Performing Arts T shirts