It’s Game On for Sport Relief at Homewood!
It’s Game On for Sport Relief at Homewood from 9-13 March in the school’s biggest ever fundraising push.
Masterminded by Homewood PE teacher Sarah Kennett and the school’s Sports Leaders, five full days of events have been arranged, culminating in a Quiz Night on Friday 13 March featuring live music and a silent auction of exclusive items such as: VIP concert tickets and a necklace made for Meghan Markle.
The fun kicks off on Monday 9 March with the school’s College leaders delivering Sport Relief activities to the youngest members of the Homewood community at Homewood Farm Nursery.
Wednesday 11 March sees a 24-hour cyclothon in the school gym, featuring students and staff in fancy dress. This will be officially started at 9 am by the Mayor of Tenterden, Cllr Mrs Jean Curteis, and runs until 9am on Thursday morning. During the day all students will add pieces of art to a giant Sport Relief mural in the gym. Meanwhile Homewood’s College leaders will be delivering Sport Relief workshops for students at St Michael’s Primary School covering: languages, English, art, dance and STEM. They will also be helping them to create their own Sport Relief mural. An after school staff football match on the 3G pitch and a staff and parent netball match/tournament in the sports hall have also been planned.
On Friday 13 March, Homewood’s dancers will be performing a specially choreographed Sport Relief dance at Sainsbury’s Ashford store, while back at Homewood there will be live music at lunchtime outside the canteen plus face painting and cake sales.
Throughout the week, the music department will be teaching students the Sport Relief song: “It’s Game On”.
The grand finale comes on Friday evening with a Sports Relief Family Quiz Night featuring live music – including a performance of the Sport Relief song from members of year 7 – and table magic from Britain’s Got Talent 2019 finalist and former Homewood student Harry Nardi of magic act 4MG, plus a pay bar and hot street food to purchase. The silent auction will run throughout the evening with top money-can’t-buy lots to bid for:-
- Four VIP tickets to see the Boomtown Rats at the London Palladium in May – the last UK gig on their 2020 World Tour
- An 18ct gold-plated necklace made for Meghan Markle, prior to her engagement to Prince Harry, engraved with ‘Meghan’ and the motto from her social media blog: the Tig.
Both lots have been donated by leading talent management agency Kruger Cowne.
Other auction lots are:-
- A two-day children’s sailing course with Rye Watersports
- A two-course dinner for two at The Vine Inn
- A family ticket for the Tenterden steam railway
- Bridal make-up by Sami Andrews Make-up
- A skincare or make-up tutorial with Space NK
- A cut and finish at William Charles Hair
- A £50 holiday voucher and a bottle of Prosecco from Baldwins Travel
- Collectors’ limited edition signed copy of “Song Book” by Eurythmics singer-songwriter Dave Stewart, donated by Kruger Cowne
- Signed copy of John Simpson’s book “We Choose to Speak of War and Strife”, donated by Kruger Cowne
- A3 canvas of a photo of your choice, printed and framed by Homewood Media Centre
Bids for the auction lots can also be accepted via email between 6.30pm and 8.30pm only on the night by sending bids plus the name of the bidder to: email@example.com.
The Mayor of Tenterden, Cllr Mrs Jean Curteis, will announce the winning bids at the end of the evening.
Tickets for the event are still available from the Sinden Theatre website www.sindentheatre.com but are selling fast. Prices: £30 for a team table of 6 or £5 for an individual ticket.