Google Classroom & SIMS Parent App
Dear Parents and Carers,
I am writing to inform you of the enrolment process for Google Classroom Guardian Summaries and SIMS Parent App which we will be rolling out in the next few weeks.
|Google Classroom Email Summaries||Allows you to be able to view homework set for your child and in some cases keep you up to date on what they are currently studying.|
|SIMS Parent App||Shares with you information such as attendance, school reports and student achievement for your child. You can also access, review and request changes to information held on your child.|
As a parent/guardian, you must receive and accept an email invitation before you can receive email summaries.
1.The teacher or administrator emails you an invitation for a particular student.
2. They will send it to the primary email address on our system.
3. In your email program, open your email invitation.
4. Click Accept.
5. If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian.
6. (Optional) To access the email summary settings page, you will need to create a google account. By default you will receive weekly updates but this can be changed to daily updates if you create a google account.
7. When you accept an invitation, you, your student, and the person who invited you (the teacher or administrator) receives an email confirmation.
SIMS Parent App
This is a two stage process – you are required to register first and then install the SIMS Parent App on your smart phone or device (or just use the website, if you prefer).
- We will be sending you an activation email from email@example.com to the primary email address we have on our system (check junk mail). Simply click on the link from your tablet, PC or smartphone to activate your account.
- You can then login using your normal Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft username and password.
- From your smartphone or tablet, download the app from the Google Play or Apple App store – search for SIMS Parent.
- From a PC or Windows phone, login online at sims-parent.co.uk
If you have not received an enrolment email to google classroom or the SIMS App by Friday 16th November please contact the school at: ParentSupport@homewood.kent.sch.uk.
Sally J Lees
To download a PDF copy of this letter, click here.